Monday, August 29, 2011

hello world...


~August 30, 2011~

MY it's been such a long time!

I keep reading blogs and more blogs and. more. blogs. and keep feeling guilty! Guilty that my sad little blog diary is all alone, just sitting here with no attention, no love. I'm sorry little blog! I really want to keep you up. I really want to update you regularly with all of our fun, photos and crazy moments. I do! So...here I am AGAIN saying that I am going to try hard to add a new post. at. least.once.a.week!

Hunt started school last Monday. First Grade! Goodness, how can he be in first grade?! I handled it well! I didn't even cry! Yay me! I felt sad, but I made it without shedding a tear.

{My handsome First Grader!}


{First Grade}

{Hunt going into his room}

{putting his stuff away in his locker. not sure why he looks so terrified! HA}

{Giving Mrs. Ross her gifts}


I made Mrs. Ross a cute sanitizer and gave her a journal. Hunt also gave her an apple.



I snapped a couple of photos from when I picked him up...


Look how happy Sister is to see her Bubba! Such a smile!

I made a little treat for Hunt's class to celebrate the first day of school. I wrapped up smarties to look like pencils!



I also whipped up a new sandwhich and snack bag set to go with Hunt's new firetruck lunch box.
{Please just ignore the horrible stitching! My tension was off on my sewing machine. It has since been adjusted...Thank God!}

The Thursday before he started school we meet Hunt's teacher. Her name is Mrs. Ross and she seems so nice and a good person. I just pray that she has plenty of patients and understanding! Hunt is excited to go back to school. He loves it!

{Hunt was so excited to me going back to school}


{Hunt picking out is locker...#17!}

{Hunt and Mrs. Ross}


He did so great his first week! He received 15 honorable character numbers! WOW! Way to go Bubba! He has 3 friends in his new class that he had in his kindergarten class last year. He was happy to see them. He told me that he meet new friends Jonathan and Kaden. And Mrs. Ross said he had a Good Day!!! Hunt said that he really likes Mrs. Ross!!!

The parents have a curriculum meeting with the teacher this Thursday. So I'm excited to hear about what they will be learning throughout the school year. I do know that their grading system will be similar to the grading he had in kindergarten, which is sort of a bummer! Mrs. Ross said that this changed just this year.

Hope it's going to be a fun school year!!! How was everyone elses first day of school?




2 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww, awesome pics!! So glad you updated! Love those pencils :D

Harvey House said...

Thanks Michelle! And thanks for reading my blog.