Tuesday, January 4, 2011

~January 4, 2011~



Well...it's a little late, but....Happy New Year!!!


{what our New Years was like...crazy family fun!}


With hope I will be keeping our blog diary more up to date than last year!
I still need to post October, November and December happenings of 2010. So they will be coming only a bit later...when I have the time!

...But for now, let's talk about this "new year". A new chance to start what you may not have got around to last year, or to stop what you needed to and didn't! Either way, luck to you... and to me! I have a few resolutions, that I will keep private, that I hope to continue through 2011. Or at least until I feel they have been accomplished or I have really tried my best. At any rate...this new year will be great!

On Friday December 31st we made a trip to Central Market to pick up some steaks, shrimp and goodies for our family New Years Eve party! Hubs wanted to go there since their meat always looks fantastic! So along with the above mentioned surf and turf we grabbed some blueberry breakfast sausage links, some blackeyed peas, cabbage, other fruit and veggies and fresh breads. The lady that helped us in the meat section of the market actually gaveus the sausage! Wow how awesome was that?! She and I were talking about the sausage and she was telling me how great it was. I didn't even know it at the time, but when we got to the register, she had marked through the price. When the check out lady called back to the meat department "Kelly" told her that it was no charge!!! I was shocked! How kind!
We had planned to cook these yummies out on the grill that evening, but by the time we got home and got thing put away...well it would have meant that we would have rushed things. So we decided to cook them on Saturday instead. We enjoyed dinner at Fogatas. Then came home and watched the movie "The Legend Guardians"(I think that's right). It was really sweet and had the cutties owls as characters. Hubs and I had some adult beverages and as soon as the movie was over we put in a Godsmack video. Lets just say hubs was enjoying himself...a whole lot...and was playing the kids bongos and acting silly! It seems that the Crown Black and Coke he was having relaxed him and he was having fun! Both kids stayed up late and both made it to the new year!


Em was the first out at around 12:15 and Hunt at around 12:45. Hubs and I stayed up until about 2:30 and then called it a night, or a day, or what ever you would call it at that point! Hahaha!


Saturday was a relaxing day at home of course. We had our traditional blackeyed peas and cabbage for luck at lunch time and that evening we did our yummy cookout of the steaks, shrimp, squash and zucchini, onion and mushroom and baked potatoes. Then after everything was cleaned up Hunt and daddy played the Wii hunting game and then Guitar Hero! Truth is that we don't allow Hunt to play any games during the week. He is allowed to play his DS on the weekends only and that is if he has been good at school. So he doesn't get to play them often...HAhaha... and rarely gets to play the Wii and XBox etc. It was a treat for him!!! And he loved it!!!

Sunday hubs had to go back to work. The kids and I hung around the home all day to.

Hunt was out of school until today, so Monday the kids and I hit an antique store and a thrift store. I love going to both!!! We snatched up a few goodies. I found a wooden childs chair that had a crazy paint job(a project for me...re-finish it) for $6, a couple of childrens books, some cookie cutters, clown flat sheet(I plan to use it for fabric)and a few other things.

Today it was back to our normal routine! Hunt going to school, daddy going to work and me and Em driving each other crazy!HA! Em and I made a trip to Target! Good buys in the $1 sections!!! My oh my!!! Good thing was that hubs worked first shift so he was home by about 5! He leaves for Florida tomorrow to accompany a "guest" there! He'll stay over night and be back home on Thursday. Hope he's safe and doesn't get to bored.HA!

talk to y'all soon!...

No comments: